Saturday, July 14, 2012

Me and my red Coach purse!


Today’s blog entry will be a bit different from the rest.  I woke up on the morning of Friday, July 13th and decided to have an adventure!  It is summer vacation after all!  I picked out a cute outfit.  I wore a layered black tank dress, sandals, a sparkly red dragonfly necklace, and carried a red Coach purse a friend gave me a few years ago.  I went to The Good Egg for a free breakfast.   When I left The Good Egg, it was raining!  It hasn’t rained in months!  I was so excited.  I was born in Portland, Oregon, where it rains often.  Friday was a Portland kind of day, lots of clouds, rain, wind, much cooler, especially for the middle of summer!  At one point it was raining so hard I just had to call my friend in Portland to have her listen to the sound of my windshield wipers! I did a few boring errands and will spare you the details, once those were out of the way, I visited some of my favorite places!  First, I visited Bloom Studios, a 24,000 square foot wellness center.  Bloom Studios, located in Gilbert, AZ, currently has some of my large paintings on the wall as well as a few of my artist friends, Dean Farrell, and Barbara Moore. I met my amazing husband, David (we’ve been married for 38 years) for an impromptu lunch at Wildflower Bread Company in North Scottsdale.  After lunch, we went for a drive near Camelback Mountain.  I might add it was still raining!  My red Coach purse and I decided it was time to visit one of the largest malls in the South West: Scottsdale Fashion Square!  I found a few things, but I wasn’t really in a shopping mood.  I know, by now, if you know me at all, you must be wondering if I was ill!  I LOVE shopping.  I have always enjoyed perusing the Fifth Avenue shops in Scottsdale.  I stopped at my favorite mixed media supply store: Frenzy Stamper.  This store is wonderful!  Please stop by if you’re an artist!  If you’re not an artist, something there will inspire you to get started!  I went home to relax for a few hours, then left again to go to Tempe Marketplace for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and to sit by the fireplace and listen to some live music by Barnes and Noble.  It was a delightful evening!  Well, as you can imagine, by the time I got home, I was worn out so a quick bubble bath, then off to bed to relax and recharge! 

Thank you for following my blog and my adventures.  Please check back, especially on rainy days…